Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 1 reflections - Naveena


-Importance of Water - Dirty and Clean
This plenary session helped me realize that just because we, in Singapore, have clean water/ obtain clean drinkable water easily, we should not take water for granted. I now also know of some of the diseases(Cholera, typhoid fever etc.) that can spread through water due to the good and bad microbes in the water.

-Revolution of Microelectronics Technology
From this plenary session, I have learn that electronics is pervasive meaning that it is spreading widely throughout groups of people/ areas and that asia is becoming a focal point.

-Biomedical Engineering & Technology
I have learnt that the smaller the size of a fixed volume, the larger the surface area. Also, something with a smaller surface area uses up less energy.

-IT for Animation
I have learnt that animation is a long process involving many people. Also that making 2D animations costs more than making 3D animations and this is because it is labor intensive.

-Disappearing glaciers, rising sea levels, and why gravity is even more important than you think
I found this talk the most interesting and insightful one. It was interesting to find out more about gravity’s part to play with rising sea levels. I also learnt that the closer the distance between two objects, the greater the gravitational force.

No comments:

Post a Comment